2023 MEDIA call for European Film Distribution opened
The European Commission has launched the 2023 European Film Distribution call. The deadline to apply is 27 April and find more information on the Commission's website here.
The 2023 Film Distribution action has a budget of 34 million Euros.
Improvement in the trans-national distribution of recent non-national European films.
Increase in the investment in the production, acquisition, promotion, theatrical and online distribution of non-national European films.
Develop links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films.
There are two phases for the funded activities:
1. The generation of a potential fund which will be attributed according to the performance of the company on the European market.
2. The implementation of the action - the potential fund thus generated by each company must be reinvested in:
- the co-production of eligible non-national European films;
- the acquisition of distribution rights, for example by means of minimum guarantees, of eligible non-national European films;
- promotion, marketing and advertising on the market of eligible non-national European films both for theatrical and online releases;
- activities for eligible non-national European films.