Creative Europe MEDIA: 2022 call for Film Distribution (formerly Automatic) has been launched
The European Commission has launched the 2022 call for Film Distribution (formerly Automatic Scheme) with a budget of €33 Million. Please find the link to the call here. The deadline to apply is 5 April.
Improvement in the trans-national distribution of recent non-national European films.
Increase in the investment in the production, acquisition, promotion, theatrical and online distribution of non-national European films.
Develop links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films.
Description of the activities:
There are two phases for the funded activities:
1. The generation of a potential fund which will be attributed according to the performance of the company on the European market.
2. The implementation of the action - the potential fund thus generated by each company must be reinvested in:
- the co-production of eligible non-national European films;
- the acquisition of distribution rights, for example by means of minimum guarantees, of eligible non-national European films;
- promotion, marketing and advertising on the market of eligible non-national European films.